[Spacewalk-list] Invalid entitlement when registering KVM guests

Michael Morgan mmorgan at dca.net
Fri Aug 12 20:37:47 UTC 2011

Hello,

 I'm running Spacewalk 1.5 with the PostgreSQL backend. I have a SL 6.1 KVM host registered with the Virtualization Host entitlement activated and the rhn-virtualization-host package installed but I can't seem to register any of the SL 6.1 guests running off of this host. The guests are attempting to use a separate activation key with only the Monitoring and Provisioning entitlements.

 On the client side I get a simple "Internal Error" message when running rhnreg_ks. Browsing through the traceback I see:

InternalError: -20287 : (invalid_entitlement) - The server can not be entitled to the specified level

 I've tried every possible combination of the four add-on entitlements that ship with Spacewalk (Monitoring, Provisioning, Virtualization, Virtualization Host) as well as with no add-ons. I also tried with a guest kickstarted through Spacewalk as well as one I installed manually. I feel like I'm missing something basic here.

 Any help is appreciated. Let me know if any more information is needed. Thanks!

-Mike