[Spacewalk-list] Foreign packages in RHEL channel

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at myriad.com
Tue Aug 16 13:28:04 UTC 2011

If the packages were still listed in the RHEL channels even removal of
the centos channels would not remove the packages. Assuming I read that
correctly. Or at least that is my experience. I think they will only be
orphaned if they ended up in no channels. If this is not the case I
would be grateful for an explanation how this works as well.

I know that in SW 1.4 unless you use the GUI to submit errata packages
will be cross posted to every channel to which the errata applies. That
is, if errata BAZ applies to channels FOO and BAR and packages X and Y
yet X only exists in FOO and Y in BAR after submission of the errata X
and Y packages will exist in both FOO and BAR even if the package has
nothing to do with the channel. Other than that I personally have never
seen packages leak into or get cross posted.