[Spacewalk-list] Cobbler spacewalk proxy issue

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 15:39:06 UTC 2011

On 08/17/2011 07:20 PM, Doug Bishop wrote:
> Well my concern is running tftp across multiple sites. Each site lives
> with in its own network connected via an MPLS backbone. Maybe I dont
> fully understand how all of this fits together. I need to pxe boot at
> each of my different locations that has a proxy. Does this mean, all
> tftp requests will need to go to our spacewalk server located at our
> main site? Or can the proxy handle the PXE for me, if so how.

No Proxy will not handle PXE for you. You have to setup tftpd on
Spacewalk proxy, copy the config from Spacewalk server and change
 ks=http://your.spacewalk.com/ks/cfg/org/1/label/rhel-x86_64-server-5
 ks=http://your.spacewalk.proxy.com/ks/cfg/org/1/label/rhel-x86_64-server-5

This way your machine will download kernel and ramdisk from proxy and
everything else will be cached by Proxy.

It is up to you to sync the tftpd menu. If you will have some script for
that, I think more people would welcome if you can share it.
--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering