[Spacewalk-list] centos 6

Jonathan DeHaan jdehaan at nexstar.tv
Wed Aug 31 15:25:23 UTC 2011

My experience has been with Fedora rather than Centos, but I have found
that I need to include the various rhn packages explicitly in the
kickstart under Software -> Package Groups. For F11, I include the
following packages:

dbus-python
perl
python-dmidecode
m2crypto
wget
rhnlib
rhn-check
rhn-setup
rhn-client-tools
yum-rhn-plugin
rhnsd
osad

You might not need to explicitly include all those, but I disable the
default repos via a pre script to force using Spacewalk only, and I also
select 'Don't install @Base package group'.

If you don't want to do that, then you could try modifying the comps.xml
file in your distribution tree to require the rhn-setup packages in the
Base package group...

Jonathan

On 08/31/2011 09:56 AM, Frédéric SOSSON wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did push all http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/1.5-client/RHEL/6/x86_64/
> packages to my main CentOS channel.  And that's not work better.
>
> I did dissect the kickstart file and I'm unable to detect which line
> is responsible for installing  rhn-setup packages needed for
> registration.
>
> Could someone explain?
>
> regards,
>

> Frederic
>
> On 4 August 2011 09:41, Miroslav Suchý<msuchy at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> On 08/04/2011 09:25 AM, Frédéric SOSSON wrote:
>>> rhn-setup package is missing, so registration does not work.
>> Yes, all Spacewalk packages - including rhn-client-tools, rhnlib,
>> yum-rhn-plugin - has been removed from Centos.
>> I tried to talk several times to their devels to add it there, but
>> unsuccessfully.
>>
>> You have two option.
>> 1) Persuade somebody to add it to Centos.
>> 2) Add this packages to your Centos channel/repo so it is available
>> during kickstart.
>>
>> --
>> Miroslav Suchy
>> Red Hat Satellite Engineering