[Spacewalk-list] rhel4 up2date traceback depsolve failure

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 17:25:43 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 10:00:44AM -0700, Jason M. Nielsen wrote:
> Trying to run up2date --dry-run -u on a RHEL4 x86_64 4.3 system and
> Im getting the attached traceback. It would appear its a depsolve
> issue but I cant seem to track down why. Once upon a time these
> updates worked and Im not aware of anything about the repos that
> have changed. Any one have suggestions on a possible work around?

We've had Keith reporting the same issue at

	https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2011-June/msg00180.html

At

	https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2011-July/msg00055.html

I suggested some things to investigate but we did not see any results
after that.

Your dependency/server causing the problem seems to be

>                       params = <type 'str'> 'dep': 'libmpi.so.0()(64bit)','server_id': 1000010741

so try to investigate what is special about those.

--
Jan Pazdziora