[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Logo Usage Permissions

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Dec 6 15:17:41 UTC 2011

Hi Jeremy & Miroslav,

Spacewalk T's sounds really cool! :) (more below)

On Tue, 2011-12-06 at 09:59 +0100, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> Dne 5.12.2011 23:17, Jeremy Davis napsal(a):
> > Who would I contact to get permissions to use the Spacewalk Logo for a
> > shirt that my company would like to create for our team that manages
> > Spacewalk? Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Our logo has been created by Máirín Duffy. I suppose it was created
> under GPLv2 license. But to be honest, we never asked :) Is this true
> Mizmo? If you prefer other license (I know you are CC fan), we have to
> change LICENSE in branding.

Let me talk to one of Red Hat's legal folks; the thing is while I
created the logo, it belongs to Red Hat, so I'm not sure how it would be
licensed at this point and I think it's worth clarifying.

At worst, though, I did get permission back then to openly-license the
out-takes of the spacemen I drew for the logo, so you could use one of
those without issue. Let me know if you want to take a look at those; if
openclipart.org was up now I'd have uploaded them already for you.

(If you don't hear back from me in a week on the license, please nag me;
it's probably going to involve a bit of waiting to hear back on for me.)

~m