[Spacewalk-list] Invalid entitlement when registering RHEV guests

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 05:29:21 UTC 2011

In August their were posts with a similar subject "Invalid entitlement
when registering KVM guests".

I'm running a RHEV 3.0 BETA 4 environment and I've just started trying
to using Spacewalk to provision RHEV guests.  Spacewalk v1.5 on
Postgresql.

the problem occurs when rhnreg_ks runs in the %post kickstart script.
The Kickstart profile is defined with a "Virtualisation Type" of
"None".

The post from Auguest mentions a work around of trying a different KVM
host.  I've tried provisioning guests from Spacewalk on all of my RHEV
hosts (fat RHEL not RHEV-H) but the result is the same on all hosts.
The only entitlement specified is Provisioning but removing that
entitlement does not resolve the problem.

I'm happy to post the traceback but not to the list.

Any ideas if this is unique to Postgresql backed spacewalk servers?

Any ideas how I can progress this?

Its quite a blocker for me.

Thanks

CC