[Spacewalk-list] Cannot delete software channel

Silvio.Schanz at elektrobit.com Silvio.Schanz at elektrobit.com
Wed Dec 14 13:05:06 UTC 2011

Hello,

we run spacewalk 1.5 with a postgres database backend.

If I try to delete my fedora channel I got these message:
====================================================================================================
500 Error - Internal Server Error

You may have reached this page in one of the following ways:
You've found an error in the site. Please report this error to your local administrator with details of how you received this message.
====================================================================================================

Same behavior if I try spacecmd instead:
====================================================================================================
spacecmd {SSM:0}> softwarechannel_delete fedora15-updates-x86_64
Channels
--------
fedora15-updates-x86_64

Delete these channels [y/N]: y
ERROR: <ProtocolError for localhost/rpc/api: 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable>
====================================================================================================

All spacewalk services seem to run:
====================================================================================================
spacewalk-service status
router (pid 24439) is running...
sm (pid 24446) is running...
c2s (pid 24453) is running...
s2s (pid 24460) is running...
osa-dispatcher (pid  24495) is running...
/etc/init.d/tomcat5 is already running (25064)
httpd (pid  25184) is running...
rhn-search is running (25242).
cobblerd (pid 25382) is running...
RHN Taskomatic is running (25407).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,
  Silvio

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.