[Spacewalk-list] Cannot delete software channel

Silvio.Schanz at elektrobit.com Silvio.Schanz at elektrobit.com
Thu Dec 15 06:39:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

thanks for your hint.

I found about 36000 packages which do not belong to a channel.

I thought that spacewalk removes all packages which are associated only with that channel.
The redhat network satellite documentation describes this as it default behavior:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.4/html/Channel_Management_Guide/sect-Channel_Management_Guide-Custom_Channel_and_Package_Management-Deleting_Software_Channels.html
"Removing a channel via the website automatically deletes all packages associated only with that channel. Packages that are also associated with other channels are retained."

Regards,
  Silvio