[Spacewalk-list] Installing Spacewalk on RHEL5

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 19:32:35 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 06:47:55PM +0000, Daniel Drumm wrote:
> When attempting a 'yum install spacewalk-oracle', I see dependency issues that I can't resolve.
>
> I have gone through and added the spacewlk-repo and other steps regarding the EPEL found here:
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall
>
> But I get these errors:
>
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(Net::SNMP) for package: perl-NOCpulse-Probe
> ---> Package perl-NOCpulse-SetID.noarch 0:1.6.11-1.el5 set to be updated

[...]

> spacewalk-setup-1.5.11-1.el5.noarch from spacewalk has depsolving problems
>   --> Missing Dependency: perl-Params-Validate is needed by package spacewalk-setup-1.5.11-1.el5.noarch (spacewalk)

The package perl-Params-Validate is in EPEL. So I assume you do not
have EPEL yum repo configured / enabled correctly. Please follow

	https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall

I should also note that Spacewalk 1.6 was released today so if you
are doing a fresh installation, you might want to use that instead
of 1.5, saving yourself one upgrade step.

--
Jan Pazdziora