[Spacewalk-list] upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6, centos5

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Fri Dec 23 15:49:10 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 03:06:03PM +0100, K.R. wrote:

> last week, we hit the oracle-xe 4GiB limit. We've switched to postgresql
> and had some minor issues(internal server error) with the system set
> manager(ssm), alter channel subscriptions, registering new systems...
>
> After the 1.6 announcement, we've decided to move from 1.4 to 1.5 to
> 1.6. (we are a bit superstitiously and do not trust in odd numbered
> releases. blah.)
>
> And now, just for the records: All our problems are gone and every
> function we use is working very pretty well again.

Klaus,

it's great to see posts like this!

Just a note: in Spacewalk, we do not distinguish the odd and even
numbered releases from the stability point of view. And in fact, from
no point of view. ;-) Both types of releases get the same treatment
by the Spacewalk team when the release is being prepared and cooked.

With 1.6, we've seen increased activity of our community members who
report tracebacks and errors in logs, and many provided patches for
the issues they saw. Let's hope the community activity will continue
even after the 1.6 release.

Yours,

--
Jan Pazdziora