[Spacewalk-list] Still Problems with OSAD

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Thu Feb 3 16:05:10 UTC 2011

Check that there is a process listening on 5222.  That is the jabberd port.

I haven't gotten any farther on this at the moment, but I did notice one thing; in the documentation for the OSAD set up, it says to use the FQDN of the spacewalk server.  When we set this up, spacewalk detected the shortname and everything was built using that instead, so when I registered the clients, I used the short name.  The SSL cert for jabber was built with the shortname as well which matches what is in the sm.xml and c2s.xml for jabberd's configs.

Should I take the steps to rename the spacewalk host/app with the FQDN (ie, spacewalk.mydomain.com rather than spacewalk)?

Anyone?

I'm still trying to figure out what is causing this;  I've done separate installs now and *every* single one of them behaves the exact same way.

 - Greg