[Spacewalk-list] Few more issues with kickstarting

Kenneth Ratliff lists at noctum.net
Thu Feb 10 03:35:12 UTC 2011

On 2/9/2011 10:02 PM, Kenneth Ratliff wrote:

> The issue is that whenever I edit the kickstart profile and update it,
> it changes the hostname portion of the URL in
> /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default back to 127.0.0.1
>
> I don't know if I'm just missing some easy config somewhere, but I
> can't seem to find a place where this is defined withing the spacewalk
> web GUI, as any entry where it seems relevant has my spacewalk
> server's hostname. I checked the config files in /var/etc/cobbler, and
> they also have the servers hostname defined.

Nevermind, I figured it out. I didn't realize that either spacewalk or
cobbler would resolve the hostname I put in to it's IP, and since CentOS
sets the hostname as associated with 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts, I
suspected that might be the root cause. Once I took the hostname out of
/etc/hosts and updated the profile again, it changed the default file to
the servers IP as resolved by DNS

Sorry to bother!