[Spacewalk-list] Error after upgrade to 1.3

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Thu Feb 10 16:05:55 UTC 2011

Kobus Bensch wrote:
>   As I have had NO HELP from anybody on this issue, here or bugzilla, i
> will be reinstalling spacewalk
>
> thanks for nothing

I'm sorry you feel that way. Spacewalk is a community project where many
users frequently help each other as well as input from the core
development team. In fact I see in this thread several suggestions were
made and request for data.

It seems your system has broken in a non-intuitive manner and does not
have an obvious indicator/symptom to troubleshoot why.

Normal best practices is to have a full backup prior to upgrade. Since
we are not able to provide a solution in a timely manner that meets your
needs for the availability of the spacewalk instance - it seems that
restoration from backup is the best course of action here (which seems
to be what you are going to do, or a variation off).

Regards,
Cliff