[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk proxy

Hagberg, Keith Keith.Hagberg at FMR.com
Mon Feb 14 21:34:01 UTC 2011

What package does spacewalk actually look for to tell if a server is a proxy.

Does spacewalk have any requirements to support a proxy, I know when using satellite it had to belong to a specific channel.

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Miroslav Suchý
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 3:07 AM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk proxy

On 02/10/2011 09:19 PM, Hagberg, Keith wrote:
> Running spacewalk 1.2 and am trying to install a proxy. I have
> successfully installed the software on a machine and can traverse using
> a browser and with http and https can see the spacewalk proxy page.

Install or install and configure. You can see proxy page even if you
just install package and proxy is not configured and activated.

> In Satellite when I click on the systems tab and then expand systems in
> the grey box to the left I see a link to list my proxy servers, in
> spacewalk I don't see this.
If you do not see it even if you activated proxy i.e. run
configure-proxy.sh, then please file bugzilla report.

> Also in satellite when I bring up the system
> details for one of my proxy servers I see a Proxy link that will allow
> me to activate of see what systems are using proxy, I don't have that in
> spacewalk. Did I do something wrong or is this a limitation of spacewalk.

This is WebUI installater. This is obsolete in RHN Satellite and never
worked in Spacewalk. And will never work in Spacewalk. You should use
configure-proxy.sh skript to Activate proxy.
However if the proxy is activated you should see that link "Systems
using proxy", if it is not there, file BZ.

> On a side note you may want to mention that when installing a proxy you
> will need files from both the spacewalk repo as well as the epel repo.

Fixed:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstallProxy

--
Miroslav Suchy