[Spacewalk-list] Excluding Packages in a Channel?

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Feb 15 16:46:06 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, r.rigby at leeds.ac.uk wrote:

> hi greg,
>
> as i understand it, the file you need to look at (on the clients) is:
>
> /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf
>
> in here, you can put your per channel customisations, for that client,
> in the same way as you would for a yum repository, e.g.:

That'll lock it, but it'll still show as in need of update on the webui won't
it?

I've wanted something similar.  I've a bunch of machines that have the latest
adobe reader installed.  A subset of those don't have the latest version, they
have a deliberately held back version so that it works correctly with the
FileOpen plugin.  Short of creating a new AdobeReader8 package, I don't think
there's a brilliant way of dealing with it.

jh