[Spacewalk-list] API and yum repo creation/channel assignment

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Feb 22 13:43:47 UTC 2011

JDFire wrote:
% Hello Michael/All
%
% Thank you for your assistance. I have reviewed the documentation and it seems to be missing the parameters.
% The doc shows in the description as $call.doc and then in the parameters it is blank. Is there anything I could do to resolve this?

I'm not sure what $call.doc you are talking about...

API doc is on https://<your_spacewalk>/rhn/apidoc/ and there's non-blank list
of params, so for the two mentioned below it's

https://<your_spacewalk>/rhn/apidoc/handlers/ChannelSoftwareHandler.jsp#createRepo
Method: createRepo
Creates a ContentSource (repo)

Parameters:
string sessionKey
string label - label of repo wanted
string type - type of repo wanted
string url - url of repo wanted

Returns:
ContentSource

https://<your_spacewalk>/rhn/apidoc/handlers/ChannelSoftwareHandler.jsp#associateRepo
Method: associateRepo
Associates a ContentSource (repo) with a channel

Parameters:
string sessionKey
string chanLabel - of the channel to use
string repoLabel - of the repo to associate

Returns:
Channel

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat