[Spacewalk-list] OpenJDK update breaks taskomatic (1.2)

Lukas Zapletal lzap+spw at redhat.com
Wed Feb 23 11:04:01 UTC 2011

On 02/23/2011 11:18 AM, Sander Grendelman wrote:
> I can confirm that removing the 64-bit paths from the java library path
> in /etc/rhn/default/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.conf fixes this issue.
> I don't know the inner workings of the tanuki wrapper but does it set
> the LD_LIBRARY_PATH according to the java library path?

Hello,

unfortunately we was not able to reproduce your issue. My original
estimate was not correct. The Errata seems to fix "vulnerability
involving an *empty* LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable". Something
like LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp::/lib being interpreted as
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp:.:/lib

In advance the Tanukiwrapper sets java.library.path and this one is
safe. There is substantial difference between these two paths. Very
nicely described at http://kalblogs.blogspot.com/2009/01/java.html

The outcome is we really don't know what's wrong in your setup and it's
strange removing the paths fixes the problem.

Are you able to reproduce it again (by reverting the config and
switching back to OpenJDK)?

Are you able to reproduce with the latest OpenJDK update (there are few
more updates to OpenJDK now).

LZ

--
Later,