[Spacewalk-list] Failed Hostname change with spacewalk-hostname-script

jdfire at cox.net jdfire at cox.net
Wed Feb 23 20:22:32 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I have ran into an issue following the https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/SpacewalkHostnameRename guide.

I performed the actions as explained and then changed the clients to the new hostname that I have configured. I restarted osad and it seems to start ok (Without errors). Once it is restarted I go to the web UI and click on ping to see if the status updates. Now it is showing offline.

Also I checked /pub/ and the Cert that is contained on the App server still has the old hostname. Also I am using a proxy server with this installation. Please let me know what I need to do in order to resolve these issues and to configure the proxy server to communicate to the correct hostname.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Kind regards,
JD.