[Spacewalk-list] Yum shows update, Spacewalk does not

Koivunen Mikko Mikko.Koivunen at deltamarin.com
Mon Jan 3 10:02:27 UTC 2011

Hello all

A new spacewalk user here. I have configured an update channel for
CentOS 5 32bit and subscribed a couple of targets to it.

I see one package on the targets when i run "yum update" but in the
Spacewalk UI the package is not shown as a needed update.

This is what yum update shows:

# yum update
Updating:
 openssl                           i686
0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7                           centos5-updates-i386
1.4 M

This behaviour is consistent on all my systems, all other package
updates are in sync between yum and spacewalk so far, except this
openssl update.

How should I proceed in debugging this?

Running Spacewalk 1.1

Thanks for any replies & best regards,