[Spacewalk-list] Monitoring problem after 1.1 -> 1.2 update

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Jan 3 12:04:06 UTC 2011

On 12/26/2010 05:59 PM, Benedetto Vassallo wrote:
> Hello list,
> I have a strange problem after upgrading my spacewalk server from 1.1 to
> 1.2
> In the monitoring page I see 2 spacewalk monitoring scouts, both having
> the same ssh key.
> One is "Fully Updated" (green triangle) and the other is "Failed" (red
> triangle).
>
> The result is all my monitored systems are "Awaiting updates" (clock icon).
>
> I searched in the oracle database for invalid objects (views, packaged
> or functions) but found nothing.
>
> How I can work around this?

Hi,
first - this should not happened, I will be interested if you can
reproduce it.

Fix has to be done directly in db.
Look in tables RHN_SAT_CLUSTER and RHN_SAT_NODE. There should be one
record per scout, so you have there probably two records instead of one.
Delete one of them and then make sure that probes are asociate with
correct scout (in webUI).

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering