[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk installation woes

Chris Stevens cstevens at taser.com
Wed Jan 5 21:50:18 UTC 2011

"-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jan Pazdziora

... and other referenced pages and then *not* keeping those copies up-to-date. I stopped reading that CentOS document when I found out that it's old and not correct. I'd recommend you do the same and just use the documentation on https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki."

Thank you very much for your reply.  Indeed,  I do want to install 1.2, and didn't notice the CentOS wiki was out of date.  So I wiped the VM and started from scratch, taking care to follow the guide,

However, I've stumbled onto another problem.  following the instructions here: https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup when I attempt to run the following command: yum -y install oracle-lib-compat I get the following error:

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/bin/sqlplus from install of oracle-lib-compat-10.2.0.25-1.el5.x86_64 conflicts with file from package oracle-instantclient-sqlplus-10.2.0.4-1.i386

I noticed /usr/bin/sqlplus was a symlink to: /usr/lib/oracle/10.2.0.4/client/bin/sqlplus.  Renaming /usr/bin/sqlplus to something else didn't help.

This also prevents me from running the next command:  yum -y install oracle-xe-selinux oracle-instantclient-selinux oracle-instantclient-sqlplus-selinux

Any suggestions on how to continue?