[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk installation woes

Chris Stevens cstevens at taser.com
Thu Jan 6 23:07:43 UTC 2011

> You are installing 64bit version of oracle-lib-compat but you have 32bit
> InstantClient package installed. Please use 64bit version of InstantClient.

Jan, Colin:

Thanks.  Right on the money.

Also I figured out my initial problem by reading the correct guide:

"Note that Oracle does not like certain characters in your password, but will not tell you until you can't login as sys later on."

Apparently one (or both) of the characters it doesn't like in the password field is @ and #.  As soon as I reinstalled oracle and gave it a more "sane" password I was able to login.  I am no longer receiving the "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified" error.

Thanks for your help.

Chris