[Spacewalk-list] Upgrading to 1.2

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 14:22:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011, Michael Mraka wrote:

> Speagle, Andy wrote:
> % > > % 210-rhnPackage-indexes.sql
> % > > % 221-rhn_sat_node_probe-indexes.sql
> % > > % 223-web_contact-indexes.sql
> % > > % 237-rhnErrataFileChannelTmp-indexes.sql
> % > These errors are split across log files, as I reverted the database,
> % > changed the upgrade sql, and reran the schema-upgrade, so by the end the
> % > schema upgrade completed successfully, but without these index drops.
> %
> % I can confirm that I saw these exact errors during my upgrade from 1.1
> % -> 1.2 ... I fall into the same category also as having upgraded this
> % instance of spacewalk from 0.6 through each version to 1.2.  Since
> % there aren't a plethora of bug reports, perhaps this is something that
> % only folks, who have upgraded over so many versions, will have seen.
>
> OK, I've updated those four scripts [1]. Applying them manually could
> bring your schema to the stock 1.2 schema.
>
> The first script will probably yell about rhn_package_id_nid_paid_idx
> index does not exist because it was already droped. The fourth one about
> rhn_efilectmp_cid_idx already created. You can safely ignore both of
> them.
>
> I'll appreciate you feedback.

I applied these interactively using sqlplus:

#1:

  SQL> alter table RHNPACKAGECHANGELOG disable constraint
  RHN_PKG_CHANGELOG_PID_FK
  *
  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

  SQL> SQL> alter table rhnpackage disable constraint RHN_PACKAGE_ID_PK
  *
  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-02297: cannot disable constraint (SPACEWALK.RHN_PACKAGE_ID_PK) -
  dependencies exist

  SQL> drop index rhn_package_id_nid_paid_idx
            *
  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-01418: specified index does not exist

  SQL> drop index rhn_package_path_idx
            *
  ERROR at line 1:
  ORA-02429: cannot drop index used for enforcement of unique/primary key

  SQL> alter table RHNPACKAGECHANGELOG enable novalidate constraint RHN_PKG_CHANGELOG_PID_FK
  *

#2: All good

#3:

SQL> alter table RHNSAVEDSEARCH enable novalidate constraint RHN_SAVEDSEARCH_WCID_FK
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

SQL> alter table RHNGRAILCOMPONENTCHOICES enable novalidate constraint RHN_GRAIL_COMP_CH_USER_FK
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

SQL> alter table RHNEMAILADDRESSLOG enable novalidate constraint RHN_EADDRESSLOG_UID_FK
*

#4:

ERROR at line 3:
ORA-02216: tablespace name expected