[Spacewalk-list] nightly build don't support postgres db population

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gtri.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 7 23:41:45 UTC 2011

During a "let's see if I can replicate this" run, I uninstalled all of
spacewalk, dumped the database and user, removed the /var/satellite and
started from scratch.

But I didn't notice I still had nightlies on.

rpm install went fine but spacewalk-setup failed during the db setup:

spacewalk-setup --disconnected
** Database: Setting up database connection for PostgreSQL backend.
Hostname (leave empty for local)?
Database? spaceschema
Username? spaceuser
Password?
** Database: Populating database.
*** Progress: ##
Could not populate database.

No errors in the logs were found.

solution was to remove all 1.3 rpm's, yum --disablerepo
spacewalk-nightly install spacewalk-postgresql; spacewalk-setup
--disconnected
--
Jim Kinney
Signature Technologies Lab