[Spacewalk-list] No showing updates that should be applicable.

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Wed Jan 12 09:03:09 UTC 2011

Gregory Machin wrote:
% Hi.
% I have a CentOS 5.5 server, that has a list of updates, with updates
% that are missing. I have it configured with a number of channels
% centos base, centos updates, and remi. The updates from the  Centos
% updates, are listed, but the updates in the Remi Channel are not. Why
% would the update in the remi repo not be listed. The one most obvious
% is php-5.3.3 , and if I list the packages in the remi channel there is
% php-5.3.4. and php-5.3.5 thus I would have expected php-5.3.5 to be
% listed in the updates.
%
% how do I resolve this ?

Hi Gregory,

could you show us exact output of 'yum update' and what is shown on
https://spacewalk/rhn/systems/details/packages/UpgradableList.do?sid=<your_server_sid> (i.e. <system page> -> Software -> Packages -> Upgrade)?

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat