[Spacewalk-list] [rhn-satellite-users] Client Configuration Guide: 2.2.4. Implementing Server Failover

Aaron Prayther aprayther at LCE.com
Tue Jan 18 13:03:37 UTC 2011

The satellite servers are both x86_64 as well as the fully patched
client trying to do the connecting, rhel5.6

Aaron Prayther

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Prayther
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:33 AM
To: 'spacewalk-list at redhat.com'; rhn-satellite-users at redhat.com
Subject: [rhn-satellite-users] Client Configuration Guide: 2.2.4.
Implementing Server Failover

I'm dual posting spacewalk/satellite.

It's a satellite issue but a relatively new feature (I think, have not
tried using it till now).  Having come up empty handed on google, other
than references back to the documentation...

It never seems to connect (or even try) to the second configured
satellite server.  I have messed with registering one or the other and
changing from https to http.  No matter what I do it never appears to
attempt to connect to the secondary server.

Does anyone have any pointers on this?

The servers are both fully patched rhel5.6 on satellite 5.4.

Aaron Prayther