[Spacewalk-list] Orphaned packages?

Steve Neidinger like2ride at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:44:20 UTC 2011

This morning, I changed the configuration of one of my channels and
its repository in my Spacewalk 1.2 test system, using a Oracle XE
database.

I was attempting to keep the channel and repository names, point the
repository to a different URL and delete all the (17K+) packages
within the channel. I first changed the repository URL, then deleted
all the packages from the channel. The deletion of packages appeared
to work correctly, because the packages now are not shown within
Spacewalk, but the disk space usage has not changed. It appears I
orphaned them on the disk because when I look at
/var/satellite/redhat/x/xxx I see packages which were deleted from
within Spacewalk. Obviously, I should have taken different steps to do
this, but what is the proper way to delete these orphaned packages?

Steve