[Spacewalk-list] repo for spacewalk server?

Joshua Roys joshua.roys at gtri.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 28 21:13:23 UTC 2011

On 01/28/2011 04:06 PM, jason at monsterjam.org wrote:
> hey folks, trying to register systems to my spacewalk server..
>
> [root at lnx-1]# cat spacewalk.repo
> [spacewalk]
> name=Spacewalk for  Linux - $basearch
> baseurl=http://redhouse2/??whatgoeshere??
> gpgkey=http://redhouse2/??whatgoeshere??
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
>

> how can I tell what my baseurl and my gpg are supposed to be so that I can update my /etc/yum.repos.d/spacewalk.repo file?
>

> regards,
> Jason

Hello,

yum uses yum-rhn-plugin to talk to spacewalk directly, and does not need
a .repo file.  You do need to make sure that gpg keys are somehow
imported on your clients, but if you just have RHEL content or Fedora
content in Spacewalk, that's not much of an issue (the key is installed
by the fedora-release or similar package).

Josh