[Spacewalk-list] repo for spacewalk server?

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 05:35:09 UTC 2011

OK, for the ISE, have a look at /var/log/tomcat?/catalina.out and post
the full traceback for the event.  The best way to do this is to "tail
-f /var/log/tomcat?/catalina.out" and then do the action which caused
the ISE.  Once you have the trace back, please post it to the list.

What you've descibed doesn't indicate one way or another whether the
system is subscribed to the child channel.

Copy the following to a file  called listChildChannels.pl:
---
#!/usr/bin/perl
use Frontier::Client;

my $HOST = 'satellite.example.com';
my $user = 'username';
my $pass = 'password';

my $client = new Frontier::Client(url => "http://$HOST/rpc/api");
my $session = $client->call('auth.login',$user, $pass);

my $systems = $client->call('system.listUserSystems', $session);
foreach my $system (@$systems) {
   print $system->{'name'}."\n";
   my $channels = $client->call('system.listChildChannels', $session,
$system->{'id'});
   print Dumper $channels;
}
$client->call('auth.logout', $session);
---

Make sure you change the $HOST, $user and $pass variables.  This will
print the name of each registered system and the associated child
channels.

Give that a whirl...

CC

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 8:32 AM,  <jason at monsterjam.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 07:31:27AM +0800, Colin Coe wrote:
>> You need to ensure that the system is subscribed to your child (sub) channel.
>>
> im pretty sure it is ..
> on the page
> Systems-> All
>
> I can see some of my registered systems, when I click on one, it gives me a nice page that says my system is up to date and when it last
> checked in,etc..
>
> on this system that I just registered, it has a yellow triangle next to the name and when i click on the link for the system name, it
> spins for a few seconds and then finally times out with
>
> Internal Server Error
>
> The server experienced a problem which prevented your request from being filled out. It may not be possible to execute this action at this
> time.
>
> Please help us correct this problem by contacting us with details of how you received this message.
>
> regards,
> Jason

RHCE#805007969328369