[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk upgrade 1.0 to 1.2 failed

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Jan 31 15:04:42 UTC 2011

Hagberg, Keith wrote:
% OK
%
% I reverted everything back and reran the upgrade after setting my temp
% tablespace in oracle.
%
% My original problem was that the repo data was not being generated.
% After successfully upgrading to 1.2, I now see a file in
% /var/cache/rhn/repodata/reponame/noyumrepo.txt in each of my repo
% dirs. The file has in it No repo will be generated for channel
% reponame.

I see... you have yum repo checksum set to None (Manage channels >
channel detail). Which means don't generate yum repo for the channel
(e.g. for RHEL4 which uses up2date).  Set it to sha1 for RHEL5 and
anything you like for Fedora and RHEL6.

% Keith

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat