[Spacewalk-list] rhn_check uses HTTP repos instead of spacewalk software channel

Sascha Frey sf at TechFak.NET
Thu Jul 7 08:28:48 UTC 2011

Scott Rakow wrote:

>Did you create a Distribution on your Spacewalk server and relate it to your
>profile? I believe that is how Spacewalk/Cobbler knows where to pull the
>RPM's from.

Yes. Kickstarting works. Well, the first part works:
It installs the base system from the distribution image and then the
spacewalk post installation script runs:
- it registeres the system to the spacewalk server - works
- it runs rhn_check to do the actions assotiated to the activation keys
  - this step fails

Both package sources are active: the software channels on the spacewalk
server and the yum repositories.
I do not want to use these yum repsoitories because I'm using spacewalk
and I have all the packages in my software channels.

For some reason rhn_check (and yum) try to contact the servers in the
/etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo files before trying to retrieve the packages
from the spacewalk server.

If I disable or delete all the repo files then it works as expected.

Sascha