[Spacewalk-list] Error 500 when using rhnpush

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 12:07:39 UTC 2011

Pierre Casenove wrote:
% Hello,I'm using Spacewalk 1.4 on postgresql and I get HTTP 500 errors
% on some packages when I try to push them using rhnpush.Here is the
% traceback I get:Exception Handler InformationTraceback (most recent
% call last):  File
% "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spacewalk/server/apacheUploadServer.py",
% line 97, in _wrapper    ret = function(req)  File
% "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spacewalk/server/rhnSQL/driver_postgresql.py",
% line 299, in _executemany    self._real_cursor.executemany(self.sql,
% all_kwargs)DataError: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8":
% 0xa9HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not
% match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
% "client_encoding".  This error happened only on two packages aspell-is
% and redhat-logos of RHEL 5.6 ISO DVD.  I know postgresql support is
% currently limited, but I wanted to know if this was a known bug.
% Thanks, Pierre

I think this issue should be resolved in current nightly version by
230f274f8e56b8351f34286ceabd724b57f4db6e.
You can manually apply the patch to Spacewalk 1.4 if it bothers you :).

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat