[Spacewalk-list] PythonCleanupHandler server.apacheServer::CleanupHandler: ImportError: No module named server

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 14:58:31 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 04:30:27PM +0200, Andre van der Vlies wrote:

> >> yeah.. I know...
> >>
> >> All I could find on this subject is about spacewalk 0.7...
> >>
> >> I'm on spacewalk 1.4 on a Centos5 x86_64 system.
> >>
> >> I've posted other encounter problems after I've upgraded the system....
> >>
> >> My rather sparse posting was intended to provoke a (any) reaction...
> >>

> >> I now believe the python sys.path is main course of this behaviour.  My
> >> python doesn't searh /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/....
> >>
> >> And I think the is some circular import or something....
> >> 'rhnVirtualServer' (i am not sure of the name) is imported by a module
> >> which is imported by yet an other module and thus creating an error....
> >>
> >> ... still struggling...
> >
> > Is this Spacewalk installation upgraded from pre-1.2 version?
> >
> > Are there any .rpmsave files in /etc?
> >

> I've done the (stepwise) upgrade from 1.0 to 1.4...
>
> Yes..,
>
> find /etc -iname '*rpmsave*'
> /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf.rpmsave
> /etc/yum.repos.d/spacewalk-client.repo.rpmsave
> /etc/yum.repos.d/spacewalk.repo.rpmsave
> /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad-auth.conf.rpmsave
> /etc/rhn/default/rhn_org_quartz.conf.rpmsave
> /etc/rhn/satellite-httpd/conf/rhn/rhn_monitoring.conf.rpmsave
> /etc/rhn/rhn.conf.rpmsave

I suggest you process them after each upgrade.

Anyway, the

	PythonCleanupHandler server.apacheServer::CleanupHandler

is not in any of our config files since Spacewalk 1.2, it's supposed
to be

	PythonCleanupHandler spacewalk.server.apacheServer::CleanupHandler

So I suggest you find the offending config file. My guess is that some
of the spacewalk-backend*.conf files have been modified and thus not
updated as well.

--
Jan Pazdziora