[Spacewalk-list] Permissions needed for spacewalk db-user

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 08:22:40 UTC 2011

Alexander Davidsen wrote:
% Hi all,
%
% I'm currently setting up a production environment for Spacewalk. I've had a
% test environment running for a few months and I finaly have enough
% information to move forward in to production. One thing I can't seem to find
% and information on is what kind of permissions the database user for
% spacewalk needs to function correctly. My DBA is not very happy by setting
% "dba"-permissions on my user.
%
% I have googled to see if I can find some information on this, but so far no
% luck. Does anyone know exactly what kind of permissions the oracle user
% needs?

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.4.1/html/Installation_Guide/sect-Installation_Guide-Database_Requirements.html

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat