[Spacewalk-list] Problems installing on FC15

Jocke M jocke.martensson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:22:35 UTC 2011

HI,

chmod g+x /etc/tomcat6 /var/log/tomcat6

After that the tomcat6 stops and starts OK but the "spacewalk-setup
--disconnected" is still taking some time and at the end after the timeouts
it say:

Tomcat failed to start properly or the installer ran out of tries.  Please
check /var/log/tomcat*/catalina.out for errors.
Installation complete.
Visit https://spacewalk.sysconfig.home to create the Spacewalk administrator
account.

The catalina.out does not tell anything. And when I visit "
https://spacewalk.sysconfig.home" it gets redirected to "
https://spacewalk.sysconfig.home/rhn/Login.do" but the page is empty.

I see this in the /var/log/httpd/ssl_access_log
[17/Jul/2011:19:19:01 +0200] "GET /rhn/Login.do HTTP/1.1" 400 -

/Jocke

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 13:42, Jan Pazdziora <jpazdziora at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:01:18AM +0200, Jocke M wrote:
> >
> > I was using the postgresql. But I manage to fix it. It was some
> permission
> > issues.
>
> So, what permission isses were they, exactly? So that we can fix them
> for other people as well.
>
> --
> Jan Pazdziora
> Principal Software Engineer, Satellite Engineering, Red Hat

Mvh
Jocke M