[Spacewalk-list] Debian squeeze support

Mark Round mark.round at ahc.uk.com
Wed Jul 20 11:02:12 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to manage a Debian Squeeze system - ideally, I'd like to be able to update packages but I understand that repo-sync doesn't work yet with Debian repositories. As far as I understand though, I should be able to manage and update configuration files. I have a few issues with the Debian packages though, and wondered if anyone else had got these working under Debian Squeeze ?

Firstly, I have an issue with installing osad. I have added the http://miroslav.suchy.cz/spacewalk/debian repository, but attempting to install osad gives me the following error :

  osad: Depends: python-xml which is a virtual package.

And I can't proceed any further. Secondly, rhncfg-client seems broken, as when I try to run "rhncfg-client list", I get the following traceback :

/usr/share/rhn/config_common/utils.py:17: DeprecationWarning: the sha module is deprecated; use the hashlib module instead
  import sha
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rhncfg-client", line 34, in <module>
    sys.exit(Main().main() or 0)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/config_common/rhn_main.py", line 160, in main
    repo_module = __import__(repo_module_name)
  File "/usr/share/rhn/config_client/rpc_cli_repository.py", line 19, in <module>
    from config_common import local_config, cfg_exceptions, file_utils, \
  File "/usr/share/rhn/config_common/repository.py", line 39, in <module>
    import rpc_wrapper
  File "/usr/share/rhn/config_common/rpc_wrapper.py", line 20, in <module>
    from rhn_rpc import rpclib
  File "/usr/share/rhn/config_common/rhn_rpc.py", line 27, in <module>
    Fault = rpclib.Fault
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Fault'

Anyone got any pointers ?

Thanks,
-Mark