[Spacewalk-list] Postgresql slowness

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 11:17:08 UTC 2011

So making some paltry effort to track down the slowness, I thought I'd log the
slow queries in postgres (I'm making this up as I go along, I'm no seasoned
DBA).

Every package push, I'll get:

LOG:  duration: 2379.433 ms  statement: SELECT rhn_channel.refresh_newest_package(102, E'server.app.yumreposync')

The time this takes seems to increase fairly linearly as more packages get
added.

Any tips on either making this faster, or at least understanding why it takes
so long?  Does this really need calling every package during a repo-sync?

jh