[Spacewalk-list] clean boot stack trace email - no configuration data received. Advice ?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 06:52:09 UTC 2011

On 07/20/2011 11:36 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 03:32:28PM +0000, Matthew Darcy wrote:
>> I've re-enabled emails on my spacewalk 1.4 server,
>>
>> On a server clean boot it mails me the following error
>>

>> No satellite configuration received from https://spacewalk01.sccis.net/satconfig/cgi-bin/configdata.cgi?satcluster=f7d42cc3f1d4
>>

>> << Sent by /usr/bin/scheduleEvents main::fatalErrorOut() line 323 on host spacewalk01.sccis.net (sat f7d42cc3f1d4, "Spacewalk Monitoring Scout").
>>
>>    1 of these messages were filtered since Fri Jun  3 07:55:03 2011 GMT >>
>
> Mirek, any advice?

No idea.
Just as it said. scheduleEvents (*) did not get any configuration.

  * scheduleEvents

    ... is an external Perl program that
    fetches probe configuration from the configuration database (via the
    satconfig VIP) and generates a list of jobs for the Scheduler.  It
    uses a flag file to notify the running Kernel that a new configuration
    is available.  In general, scheduleEvents is run remotely via SputLite
    by clicking on the "Configure Satellites" button in the GUI.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering