[Spacewalk-list] Taskomatic will not start...

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 15:48:00 UTC 2011

On 07/21/2011 03:56 PM, Andre van der Vlies wrote:
> If I understand thar bug-report right is has to do with the load?
> The load on my machien never gets above the 0.35...

Well, your and mine error message was from tanukiwrapper which run the
java class as deamon, and if it did not receive answer on ping, it
assume that the class crashed, ended in never-ending loop or passed to
another dimension.
So yes raising the default
 wrapper.ping.timeout=30
in /etc/rhn/rhn.conf
to higher number may either help, or reveal another (the real one) problem.
In my case it was consuming too much of memory. It may or not be your
problem as well.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering