[Spacewalk-list] WG: Spacewalk Cluster

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 15:57:59 UTC 2011

On 07/21/2011 01:37 PM, Rene Lehmann wrote:
> Nobody has any idea? :(

I do not think so. I heard that somebody deploy it as active:pasive (not
sure if I follow some cluster terminology) - i.e. one spacewalk as
active server and another as backup, which can be hot-swapped in case
the first one die.
But if you use one OracleDB and one storage shared by both Spacewalk
server and do rhnpush/spacewalk-repo-sync task only on one of the server
at the same time, you can have luck. But you will be alone in deep
space. But I will be waiting for your report.

If you want just load balance it across more HW and locations, it is
much better and simple solution to use one or more Spacewalk Proxies in
front of Spacewalk Server. Spacewalk Server can handle more then 30,000
machines for sure. But we recommend to use One Spacewalk Proxy per each
5,000 server to offload some traffic from Spacewalk Server.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering