[Spacewalk-list] Send commands to clients

Ivan Pavlenko i.pavlenko at unsw.edu.au
Thu Jul 21 23:04:52 UTC 2011

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your reply for my question. Could you provide more details
how it works, please? What protocol we use for it? HTTP? What changes we
have to do on firewalls? How we can get access to remote client? How
remote client will identify us? By SSL? Should we create a new SSL
certificate for this?
My task is push all patches to clients boxes and restart all of them.
How can I make to restart them? The URL you've sent me doesn't describe
it.  Can we propagate same changes onto OS config files on our client
servers? For example, I need to change IP address of NTP/DNS/DHCP
server(s) for all my environment. Can I push new config file to the
boxes? How can I do it?

Thank you,
Ivan