[Spacewalk-list] CentOS 4 Clients - RHN TRACEBACK

Flaherty, Patrick pflaherty at wsi.com
Mon Jul 25 20:50:04 UTC 2011

I have some legacy centos 4 clients on my Spacewalk 1.5 pg backend. An exception gets raised for function "lookup_package_arch". I think I've tracked it back to "rhnPackageArch" not having "i686-redhat-linux"

select * from package_arch_id('i686-redhat-linux');
ERROR:  -20243 : (package_arch_not_found) - Package architecture could not be found
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT  rhn_exception.raise_exception('package_arch_not_found')"
PL/pgSQL function "package_arch_id" line 14 at PERFORM

So two questions;
1) Are centos 4 clients still supported?
2) What's the best way to fix this problem? Re-import the CentOS 4 packages so that "rhnPackageArch" has the right values? Hack i686-redhat-linux into rhnPackageArch? Bleed goat onto KVM environment?

Patrick
p.s. sanitized traceback attached.