[Spacewalk-list] SSL Errors When rhnreg_ks'ing

Wojtak, Greg GregWojtak at quickenloans.com
Thu Jul 28 21:17:31 UTC 2011

I started playing around with provisioning today and got to the point
where I can get a system kickstarted, but it is not showing up in
spacewalk afterwards as a registered system.  Looking through the
kickstart, I finally tracked it down to an SSL issue when running
rhnreg_ks:

[root at localhost rhn]# rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=https://spacewalk/XMLRPC
<https://ql2spacewalk1/XMLRPC>
--sslCACert=/usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT
--activationkey=1-eab559ea4aaccb6911f1f0bf8e1ff973,1-centos-6-x86_64
An error has occurred:
<class 'up2date_client.up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError'>
See /var/log/up2date for more information

This hasn't been in issue in the past because when we register systems
manually, we've always done so with http (no SSL).  I was running apache
httpd with an SSL cert generated from our internal PKI infrastructure, so
I replaced that with the cert created by the spacewalk installer.  I still
get the same error.

I guess what I'm looking for is either a) how can I tell spacewalk to use
http instead of httpd to register new systems or b) how can I get SSL
working?

Thanks!

Greg Wojtak