[Spacewalk-list] yum-priorities feature in Spacewalk repository management?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Jun 2 16:18:41 UTC 2011

On 06/02/2011 05:58 PM, Contant, Olivier wrote:
> dependency, let say MySQL 5.5 instead of the MySQL 5.0 available in the
> base repository for the operating system.
>
> I created a new repository including the RPM of the internally develop
> application and added the specific version of dependency package.
> Application repository would have:
> - Application.rpm
> - MySQL 5.5-server.rpm
> - other dependency.rpm ...
>
> Since I need this system to be registered to its base repository for
> operating system maintenance and update as well as other useful package
> that I might need to install on those system for administration,  I get
> into issue where I have package conflicting in both repository as
> package exist in both.

I'm puzzled.
If you have in base channel, let say:
 mysql-server-5.0.0
and in child channel
 mysql-server-5.5.12
- which is btw correct and allowed scenario - then yum should prefer
that 5.5.12 version. The reverse situation (wanted 5.0, but not 5.5)
will be tricky, but your situation should work without problem.

What error you get from yum?

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering