[Spacewalk-list] how to get updates out of custom channel?] 2nd try

Aaron Prayther aprayther at LCE.com
Thu Jun 9 18:22:00 UTC 2011

I think this one might just be a matter of time.  If you got it up in
the channel good and you can see it, run top and wait for the machine to
idle down, maybe 10-15 minutes and then the client will see it.  Worse
case do a yum clean all on the client first then update.

Should be good then.

prayther

-----Original Message-----
From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of
jason at monsterjam.org
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 2:12 PM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] how to get updates out of custom channel?] 2nd
try

hey folks.. I have a channel set up of a RHEL 5-5 base system.. under
that system, I have a subchannel called "csdc-rpms"
i can get yums to install on my systems from this channel fine, but my
question is if I update an RPM in that channel, say from
vers 1.00-1 to vers 1.00-2, how would I populate my channel/get my
systems to see this update correctly?

in my channel, I see my old and updated RPM
csdc-cli-1.00-1.x86_64 	cli perl for multiclient systems 	Unknown
csdc-cli-1.00-2.x86_64 	cli perl for multiclient systems 	Unknown

but on the client
yum check-updates doesnt list the 1.00-2 package.

regards,
Jason