[Spacewalk-list] how to get updates out of custom channel?] 2nd try

Brian Collins brianc at sedata.com
Thu Jun 9 19:20:27 UTC 2011

> hey folks.. I have a channel set up of a RHEL 5-5 base system.. under
that
> system, I have a subchannel called "csdc-rpms"
> i can get yums to install on my systems from this channel fine, but my
> question is if I update an RPM in that channel, say from vers 1.00-1
to vers
> 1.00-2, how would I populate my channel/get my systems to see this
update
> correctly?
>
> in my channel, I see my old and updated RPM
> csdc-cli-1.00-1.x86_64 	cli perl for multiclient systems
Unknown
> csdc-cli-1.00-2.x86_64 	cli perl for multiclient systems
Unknown

> but on the client
> yum check-updates doesnt list the 1.00-2 package.

[]
Couple of questions:
1. In the Channels tab, what is the Last Repo Build time?  Is it later
than when you uploaded the package?
2. Does Repo Cache Status show "Completed"?
3. How are you uploading the new package to Spacewalk?
4. In the spacewalk frontend, do any of the systems that have this
package installed show needing the new version?  May seem like an
obvious "no," but sometimes Spacewalk will show a system needs a package
even though the system disagrees.