[Spacewalk-list] RHEL4 updates not indicated

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at myriad.com
Fri Jun 17 15:23:49 UTC 2011

We have a number of RHEL4 hosts and some are showing required updates
properly and some are not. ie: Packages shows 120 but sometimes it does not.

I know the hosts are outdated. If I tell SW to update they do and if I
run up2date --dry-run it indicates hundreds of updates available. Some
are 4u3 hosts and the channel is up to 4u8.

I have tried updating the package profile without success. I have also
tried restarting spacewalk. Also tried  up2date -p and up2date --hardware.

Sometimes if I reregister the host by deleting the profile then --force
rhnreg_ks everything shows up fine.

Anyone know a clean "fix" for this?

Thanks.