[Spacewalk-list] RHEL4 updates not indicated

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at myriad.com
Mon Jun 20 14:53:35 UTC 2011

I have made a video of this from the command line and a raster file
showing in the gui how the system clearly doesnt have the most up to
date packages but SW is indicating it is fully updated.

I have tried all the resyncing of profiles etc both in gui and cmd line
both per client and en masse , unsub from channels and resub, etc. The
only thing I can get to work is literally register a system then
immediately delete the profile and --force another reg. Then SW
indicates packages updates available as it should.

Video(ogv) showing the command line. About 2MB.
http://tinyurl.com/3m4qpdy

Raster(png) showing what the client package version is, then channel
version, then SW details showing it thinks client is updated.
http://tinyurl.com/4yfwagg

Anyone have suggestions on something else to try other than a rereg?

Thanks!