[Spacewalk-list] Creating a RHEL 6 kickstart channel

Matthew Ceroni matthewceroni at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 22:30:38 UTC 2011

Hi:

Is it possible, with the RedHat 6 installation media, to create a channel
within Spacewalk that you can use to kickstart a RH6 system?

What I have tried is to create the channel and then do a RHNpush of all the
RPM from that CD. However when I tried to kickstart using that channel,
anaconda complained that it couldn't find the repond.xml. After ignoring
that it then complained about "Unable to read group info from the
repositories. This is a problem with the generation of your install tree".
This issue I couldn't ignore.

I figured the rhnpush method wasn't valid so decided to try and use
spacewalk-repo-sync. Again, mounted up the installation media and tried

  spacewalk-repo-sync --channel rhel-server-6-x86_64
--url=file://mnt/cdrom/Server

But that again complained that it couldn't find the repond.xml.

Thanks